Highlights from new research on body movement and creativity
- Divergent thinking goals are: to generate many different kinds of ideas, to generate many ideas and to generate brand new ideas (there are tools for these).
- Greater success occurs in divergent thinking when two hands are used (as in the phrase, on the other hand…)
- Convergent thinking means to analyze the relationship between two or more ideas to create a new solution.
- Walking in a flexible pattern improves how well the convergence is done
- Creativity: Left Brain + Right Brain = WHOLE Brain (customerthink.com)
- Qualities of Creative Individuals – care to do a self-assessment? (creativityland.ca)
- How Creative Ideas Take Shape (psychologytoday.com)
- New Insights on the Creative Brain (psychologytoday.com)
- Creativity Can Keep You Healthy (everydayhealth.com)