Innovation can be the product of an innovation process and/or a process that makes a new idea a reality. The innovation process is generally thought of containing number of stages and is often depicted in linear progression in some way depicting the following buckets.
- Fuzzy front end – to explore, formulate and clarify the desired new product, process, outcome, market, etc.
- Creative problem solving – to create new approaches for meeting the desired end from generating new ideas.
- Developing the plan for implementation.
- Implementing the solution including communicating it to others.
While some people feel secure with the step-by-step approach to innovation, others are definitely turned off and disengage. Forth-innovation shows innovation as a journey of discovery which may inspire people who think differently.
- 2011 PWC Global CEO Survey (pwc.com/demystifying-innovation)
- Entering innovation – a parable to prepare you for the human dynamics at play (marcisegal.wordpress.com)
- Are older folk getting in the way of our younger leaders? FourSight insights (marcisegal.wordpress.com)
- The next decade – the “most innovative time” ? (mgmtblog.wordpress.com)