The rules for filing a US patent will change this spring. They will honour inventors who are first to file, rather than those first to invent. see Leahy-Smith America Invents Act Implementation.
- What do you like about this change?
- What future positive potentials are presented because of this?
- In what ways might this will influence the creativity of big business or/and entrepreneurs?
- What does each industry stand to gain and lose? Tech, pharma, consumer goods, etc?
- What effect might this have on business schools? Science schools?
- Do you feel that entrepreneurship will take on a new flavour, direction? How so?
- What new business ideas emerge for you knowing these rules are about to change?
Marci Segal, Freeing leaders’ thinking so they can create new futures.
The New Patent Law: End of Entrepreneurship? Forbes, Robert Jordan