According to a recent survey*, 22% of Canadian workers said that one of their top stressors at work was lack of recognition.
One out of every five people you interact with in the Canadian workplace is
- not thanked for the work they do
- not acknowledged for their contribution to the business
- not told they are appreciated for the effort they put in to making sure things go smoothly.
Is a paycheck enough thanks?
What do you suppose would happen to workplace stress, employee engagement and customer satisfaction levels if people were recognized at work?
Do you think employee’s ability to generate new ideas and make new decisions is impacted by stress?
*Desjardins Financial Security National Health Survey on stress in the workplace, 2010.
- Work stress levels ‘rising’ in UK (bbc.co.uk)
- National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence Releases Ten Key Lessons From Recent Workplace Violence Incidents (prweb.com)
- Reduce Stress at Work (job-satisfaction.suite101.com)
Great photo of the death of creativity here