Carnegie Melon PhD Candidate Chris Harrison and team developed a technology so you don’t have to write with ink on your palm to remember phone numbers, or to find your digital device to place a call.
Skinput works by tapping your skin to control digital devices like MP3 players and cellphones, and even to play games. Watch the video – this is real.
Imagine this becomes the new technology – what might the implications be?
- In society – schools, families, health practitioners and care givers
- For future technologies – what extensions of this technology can you imagine?
- For the environment – resource use, ecological footprints
- For business and the economy – who stands to gain, who stands to lose, how might they innovate?
- For politics – what if security scanners at airports couldn’t detect these?
- For people that practice Emotional Freedom Technique? They use tapping as a healing approach…
News source: Futurist Magazine, July-August, 2010. www.wfs.org