Well worth the view. Sit back, relax, open your mind and be prepared for a new way of understanding. It’ll help free your thinking to allow you to create a new future.
Sam Harris shares the science behind morality. Fascinating. Added this to the Empathic Civilization by Jeremy Rifkin and perhaps a new morality is emerging for how we’ll behave as we plan for the future unfolding.
Sam Harris is an American non-fiction author, and CEO of Project Reason. He received a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA, and is a graduate in philosophy from Stanford University. He has studied both Eastern and Western religious traditions, along with a variety of contemplative disciplines, for twenty years. He is a proponent of scientific skepticism and is the author of The End of Faith (2004), which won the 2005 PEN/Martha Albrand Award, Letter to a Christian Nation (2006), a rejoinder to criticism of his first book, and The Moral Landscape (2010).
- “The Spirituality of Sam Harris – Newsweek” and related posts (integral-options.blogspot.com)
- The Science of Right and Wrong (scientificamerican.com)
- Brief Book Review: “The Moral Landscape” by Sam Harris (beliefinpeople.wordpress.com)
- Can science shape human values? (openparachute.wordpress.com)
- The empathic civilization (earlier blogpost entitled Grokking in fullness with a 10-minute RSA video on the concepts from Jeremy Rifkin’s book)